In today’s developed society, Yoga is gradually becoming popular in our lives. Not only exercise for patients physical health but also help reduce stress, stress effectively. Many studies have proven the effects of yoga on stress and anxiety problems
The effectiveness of yoga in reducing stress
Yoga is one of the practices that harmonizes the body and mind. With gentle movements combined with deep breathing, breathing helps our body and brain to relax maximum. For people with psychological diseases, yoga will help improve physical and mental health very effectively, helping us balance positive and negative thoughts to help reduce stress effectively. With the body’s self-healing mechanism, yoga is considered a natural but equally effective method of healing psychological wounds. Here are the amazing benefits of yoga.
(See more ways to treat anxiety disorders with yoga through the article: Eliminate anxiety disorders with yoga )
Reduce feelings of anxiety, and help the body relax completely
Reduce feelings of anxiety, help the body relax completely
Currently, many patients come to practice yoga to improve their physical and mental health and most patients get positive results, especially those who are always in a restless, anxious mood. Negative thoughts. Some studies on the anxiety-reducing effect on some women who practice yoga and do not practice yoga show that women who practice yoga have higher relaxation and happiness indexes than non-practice groups, and this index is similar. for a group of people suffering from stress and fatigue problems. When the feelings of anxiety are reduced, the body also reduces stress effectively .
Reduce fatigue, prolonged pressure
Prolonged stress accompanied by fatigue is considered the cause of psychological stress. The brain releases the hormone Cortisol when stress and fatigue are generated. Research shows that when practicing yoga, it reduces the secretion of the hormone cortisol to the brain. Prolonged stress and tension are also resolved from there.
Reduce fatigue and pressure
Research on 2 groups of women and give the same impact on life pressures and family relationships. Then one group gave yoga practice for 2 months and one group didn’t. The results showed that the group of women who practiced yoga significantly reduced fatigue and pressure in life and family relationships. Symptoms of anxiety disorders and depression in more severe patients also improved markedly. From the above studies and evidence, we can see that the practice of Yoga brings good results in reducing psychological problems for patients.
Help sleep better
A good night’s sleep is essential for everyone, and for those who are under stress, it becomes even more essential. Someone once said “50% of the stress will be solved and the remaining 50% will be calculated after sleep”. Therefore, sleep is an indispensable part for the body to recover from trauma, especially psychological trauma such as stress, anxiety disorders, and depression. Practicing Yoga is researched to help patients sleep better, sleep more deeply and maximize the condition of related diseases when insomnia. Yoga exercises often help patients breathe deeply, help reduce the feeling of restlessness that causes insomnia when stressed and provide oxygen for the best blood circulation.
Sleep is improved when practicing yoga
Help improve life, calm down and live more positive
A rhythmic practice combining breath and mind helps the patient to have a stable mind, creating a habit for the patient to slow down and see the problem in more positive and objective ways, thereby helping improve the quality of life and enhance the feeling of joy and relaxation when suffering from psychological diseases, namely, effective stress reduction. Research shows that people who practice yoga tend to have more positive and loving lives than those who don’t. In addition, the practice of yoga also helps the patient recover and strengthen the social communication functions that during prolonged stress, the patient has forgotten.
Some yoga poses are effective in reducing stress
Some yoga poses are highly effective in treating patients’ stress problems
- Mountain pose (TADASANA): The patient stands upright, keeping the legs steady and the feet close together. Clasp your hands in front of your chest, but keep your posture upright and relax your body as much as possible. Breathe deeply and do it 5 to 10 times
- UTTANASANA: Stand up straight with your legs together, bend forward, trying to touch your toes. Hold your body for 1 minute and then return to the starting position. It is important that the patient still breathes deeply for the best effect
- Pigeon Pose (PADA RAJAKAPOTASANA): Sit with one knee bent in front and one leg stretched out back. keep your back straight. Inhale deeply and exhale for 5 to 10 reps with each supporting leg
- Reclining pigeon pose (EKA PADA RAJAKAPOTASANA): Similar to pigeon pose, the patient sits with one knee bent in front and one leg extended behind. People lean forward. Inhale deeply and do it steadily after 10 reps with each leg.
- Cobra pose (BHUJANGASANA) the patient lies on his stomach with his hands on the floor, legs straight, palms down. Take a deep breath and slowly lean back, keeping your arms straight. As you exhale, slowly return to the starting position. Practice 5 to 10 times, 10 breaths each time
Yoga poses for effective stress relief
- Cow Face Pose (GOMUKHASANA): The patient sits cross-legged, keeping his back straight. Bend the right pointer and bring the front of the right arm back. Place your hand in the middle of your back. The right hand holds the left hand tightly. Inhale deeply and then exhale. Do 5 10 breaths r switching hands.
- Crouched Split (PRASARITA PADOTTANASANA): Split as far as you can. Next, spread your arms and gradually press your back to the floor. Hold the pose for 5 to 10 counts and then return to the starting position. Repeat 10 times
- Butterfly Pose (Badhakonasana). Sit with your spine straight and feet wide apart, bend your knees and bring your feet into your pelvis, soles of your feet touching. Take a deep breath and hold the pose for 10 counts
- Spine twisting pose (ARDHA MATSYENDRASANA): Sit on the floor, bend your right leg up under your left leg, turn your body to the right, hands clasped in front, take a deep breath and hold for 5 breaths. repeat on the other side.
- Funny Baby Pose (ANANDA BALASANA) Lie on your back on the floor. One leg straight. With one leg bent, try to press your thigh against your torso by pulling with your hand.
Yoga exercises are often simple and easy to perform not only to help patients improve their physical health but also to help patients find calmness in themselves, reduce stress and fatigue . Practice yoga every day to get the best results